2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
½ cup packed brown sugar
½ cup granulated sugar
1 tsp LorAnn Oils Super-Strength Apple Pie Flavor
½ tsp LorAnn Oils Vanilla Extract
½ tsp baking powder
3 cups all-purpose flour
Red Royal icing , for decorating
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- In a large bowl or stand mixer bowl fitted with the paddle attachment, combine butter, brown sugar, and sugar until light and fluffy, about 3–4 minutes.
- Add the egg, LorAnn Oils Apple Pie Flavor, LorAnn Oils Vanilla Extract, and baking powder. Beat until well combined.
- Stir in flour, one cup at time, until just incorporated. Dough should be stiff and no longer sticky. If dough feels sticky, stir in ¼ cup more flour.
- Gather dough into a ball and roll to ¼-inch thickness between two sheets of parchment or wax paper. Chill dough in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes, or until very firm.
- Use an apple-shaped cookie cutter to cut dough. Place 1-inch apart onto parchment-lined baking sheets. Bake for 7–10 minutes until baked through, but not browned.
- Allow cookies to rest on baking sheet for 10 minutes, then move to a rack to cool completely. Cool cookies at least 2 hours before decorating.
Serving Size: Makes about 2 dozen cookies